The college stands on a self-contained site at the foot of Grafton Street. Take a welcome break from the hustle and bustle of the city centre and explore some 40 acres of cobbled squares and green spaces surrounded by magnificent buildings built between Georgian and modern times. The Book of Kells is the centrepiece of an exhibition within Trinity College grounds which attracts over 500,000 visitors each year. Written around the year 800 AD, the Book of Kells contains richly decorated copies of the four gospels. Each gospel is prefaced by ornately decorated by hand and a marvel of the time. Tickets to the Book of Kells Exhibition can be purchased online or directly at the door. During summer months buying online fast track tickets is recommended to avoid queues.
Clayton Hotel Burlington Road is located 2km from Trinity college, a €7.00 taxi fare or a 20-minute leisurely walk through the magnificent St Stephens Green park and the beautiful Victorian neighbourhood of Ballsbridge.
Directions from hotel
- Head west on Leeson Street Upper toward Dartmouth Road
- Turn right onto St Stephen’s Green
- Slight left to stay on St Stephen’s Green
- Turn right onto Dawson Street
- Turn left onto Nassau Street
- Keep left to stay on Nassau Street
- Turn right onto College Street
- Trinity College will be on your right