The area itself houses many of the world famous bars, restaurants and nightclubs including The Temple Bar Pub, The Foggy Dew, The Porterhouse and many more. However Temple Bar is also the home to a number of cultural institutions including Irish Photography Centre (incorporating the Dublin Institute of Photography, the National Photographic Archive and the Gallery of Photography), the Ark Children’s Cultural Centre, the Irish Film Institute, the Arthouse Multimedia Centre, Temple Bar Gallery and Studios, the Project Arts Centre, the Gaiety School of Acting, IBAT College Dublin, as well as the Irish Stock Exchange and the Central Bank of Ireland.
Temple Bar is located 2.5km from the Clayton Hotel Burlington Road, it is a 20-minute walk or €10.00 taxi fare.
Directions from hotel
- Head west on Leeson Street Upper/R138 toward Dartmouth Road
- Turn left onto Grand Parade
- Turn right onto Ranelagh Road
- Continue onto Charlemont Street
- Turn left onto Harcourt Road
- Turn right onto Camden Street Upper
- Continue onto Aungier Street
- Continue onto South Great George’s Street
- Temple Bar will be ahead of you