The RDS is a multipurpose venue that hosts a wide array of events year-round including the Dublin Horse Show each summer and the Heineken Cup-winning Leinster Rugby team home matches.
Hotel Near RDS
The Royal Dublin Society grounds are less than 2km from the Clayton Hotel Burlington Road making our 4-Star hotel the perfect choice of hotels near the RDS to stay in. There are several entrances and venues with the RDS, our concierge will be delighted to give you directions to help you easily reach your event in plenty of time.
Walking to the RDS
- Walk south along Upper Leeson Street.
- After 350m, at the first main junction veer left onto Wellington Place.
- Continue straight along this street for approx. 1km (turns into Clyde Road).
- Turn right onto Elgin Road.
- You will reach Merrion Road after just 140m and the RDS is 200m on your right.
- Alternatively, a stroll through Herbert Park is a lovely start to your day.
10 Minutes in a Taxi
Depending on traffic, a typical taxi journey from the Clayton Hotel Burlington Road to the RDS takes less than 10 minutes, costing €10.