Aviva Stadium: Lansdowne Road
Home to the national rugby (IRFU) and football teams (FAI), Aviva Stadium also hosts conferences and welcomes international artists for arena concert tours.
Clayton Hotel Burlington Road is one of the most conveniently located hotels near the Aviva Stadium and with ample on-site parking for our guests we are the perfect choice when looking for a hotel near the Aviva Stadium.
The Aviva Stadium is the oldest Rugby Union ground in the world and site of the oldest sports stadium in Europe. Originally called ‘Lansdowne Road’ the creation of the stadium was inspired by a vision that young athlete Henry William Dunlop had and went on to organise the first All-Ireland Athletic Championships at the site.
The former Lansdowne Road Stadium was demolished in 2007 and replaced with the gleaming glass Aviva Stadium with capacity for 51,700 spectators.
Hotel Close to Aviva Stadium
Clayton Hotel Burlington Road is 2km from the Aviva Stadium, typically a 15 – 20 minutes walk.
Walking Directions to the Aviva Stadium
- Walk along Burlington Road, taking the right fork where it splits towards Waterloo Road.
- Turn left onto Waterloo Road.
- Cross the road at the pedestrian crossing on Leeson Street and turn right.
- Continue along Leeson Street and cross straight over onto Lansdowne Road.
- You can’t miss the stadium rising above the rooftops as you approach.
Catch Dublin Bus route 18 from Appian Way (300m from the front door) to Pembroke Road. The Aviva Stadium is a short walk down Lansdowne Road.
On match days we recommend pre-booking your taxi with concierge. Journey time varies with traffic but typically takes 10 minutes costing €10.